Thursday, April 17, 2008

Okay, here it is, my first post. Woo-hoo! Shouldn't there be a drum roll or something? Well, this has been a wild day so far. Actually, no, things have settled down. It was just the start of the morning that was crazy. I woke up at 8:00. School starts at 8:05 so you can see where I'm going with this. I had to scurry around like crazy, getting myself and everyone else ready and making phone calls canceling with Greyson's regular sitter and making arrangements with another one. I had to take Greyson somewhere else today because his regular sitter lives too far away for me to have made it there and then to work without being way, way late. Fortunately, my wonderful neighbor and good friend across the street happens to have a daycare of her own and is always willing to bail me out when necessary. So I got everyone ready as soon as possible -- and without much stress, I might add; that extra sleep did us all good! -- walked Greyson across the street and then dropped the s off at school. Then I hurried to work and was (surpisingly) only about five minutes late. All that stress and then I just sat. That is my job, by the way. I sit and monitor test takers to make sure they don't try to cheat. You know, I've never caught anyone cheating in my almost six years of doing this. Sometimes I worry that that may mean I'm not watching closely enough. The previous proctor said he had caught several. Hmmm ...

So anyway, there you go. My first post. I think I like this! So until next time ... ~Jennifer :)

No comments: