Friday, June 20, 2008

Life in General

Wow, has it really been a week since I last wrote? I can't keep up! We are finally closing on our new house early next week. It's been two whole months since that auction. We've only been in the house once, and it was closer to three months ago. It doesn't feel real anymore, more like a vague dream I once had. We plan to paint the rooms next weekend and start moving our stuff during the following week. I just need to get motivated to pack things up. Yes, I am admitting to you that I haven't really started.

Lately I've been spending all my time doing laundry. The kids play in the water constantly so I'm forever washing towels, wet clothes and swimsuits. The swimsuits I can let dry and only wash every now and then, but not the wet clothes. They start smelling like mildew within a day! I am really enjoying my new washer and dryer, though.

We did buy a pool this summer, a 10-foot one, but we decided not to put it up until we are in the new house. The directions say to find a spot at least 15 feet from your house, away from trees and on level ground. Well, we didn't find anywhere meeting all those qualifications in our current backyard. Besides, why create more work for ourselves by putting it up, taking it down, then putting it up and taking it down again, all in the same summer?

The girls have been VBSing for the last two weeks since we returned from San Antonio. Next week I won't know what to do with them in the evenings! Our church is having its VBS all in one day, Saturday, the 28th. Guess that will occupy them while we paint.

Sammy and Pejo are still here, and their mom Hannah is here now, also. They will be staying with us for a while. It's really been nice to truly get to know my niece and nephew. We've all lived in different states far apart pretty much forever, so we are trying to take advantage of the fact that only four hours separate us right now. My brother, Andy, gets to come home from Iraq in July for his R & R break. I wish they'd stop sending him over there.

Oh, there is a little drama going on at the moment. Our air conditioner in the house has stopped working. It was Sunday when we noticed it, so I had someone come out on Monday. He was able to get it running again, but that only lasted until late Tuesday. Turns out we are going to have to replace the unit. Again, it's a really good thing we got a nice income tax return and that economic stimulus payment this year!!

Well, I will sign off for now. Better get back to the dishes and laundry, maybe pack a box or two. Maybe. Tune in again soon for the latest update in the ongoing saga of my life! :)

1 comment:

Ashlee Brewer said...

Hey! I thought of a great way to get the kids involved in helping you pack. You should give them some boxes and make a game out of them packing their toys. You can make a box for toys they want to keep and/or toys they want to give to needy children. If they think it is a game they will pack it up quick.

Anyway - just thinking of fun ways to use all the kids for cheap labor. :) lol
Ashlee