Friday, June 27, 2008

Closing, FINALLY!

Well, it is official now. We own two houses. We have two mortgages. YIKES! :) This is good news, though. We finally closed on our new house this morning. It's been more than two months since that auction back on April 18th.

We spent this day working over there, painting and putting up a fence. My grandparents are here, along with my uncle David, as well as my parents. We have lots of good help! Greg was off today and will be off all of next week. If he can keep himself away ... He has a hard time breaking away from work because he always has so much to do. Job security, I guess.

Anyway, we got most of both bathrooms painted, the front one a really pretty medium blue, the one in our room, the perfect shade of lavendar, my very favorite color. I was a little surprised Greg said okay to that, and as it turns out, I guess he was just doing it for me. Today I asked him if he liked it, but all he would say was, "It's purple." But whatever his reasons, I accept because it's LOVELY!! We plan to paint the kitchen and dining room a pumpkin-y orange color. It should be bright and cheery, I hope. The living room and hallway are going to be a brown color called Covered Wagon. Not too dark but not tan or anything. The girls room will be an ocean theme with the bottom of the walls a really bright blue for water and a light blue like sky for the top. Greyson's room is a really pretty green -- "Ivy Green." If you ask him, he says green is his favorite color. I would guess this is due to the green shirt from Steve off of Blue's Clues, but I could be wrong. Our bedroom is going to be a really pale green to match the flowers in our curtains and bedspread. It's just going to be a ton of work.

Granddad, Greg, & Uncle David are working on the fence outside. They made what I would consider to be remarkable progress today and are hoping to finish up tomorrow. With any luck, it will cool off a little and the wind will die down, too. It got up to 102 degrees today and the wind was just out of control. I was glad my job was inside the house. :)

Well, I'd better get my kiddos in bed. They have Vacation Bible School tomorrow and I'm going to need to be up and ready to work around 6 AM if I am going to keep up with my grandparents. I sure don't want to be sleeping while they are working! I'm planning to do my paper route and then just head on over.

Have a great weekend!!

No comments: