Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Never-Ending Moving Process

I have decided that moving is too much work.  There was a night last week when I actually did change my mind.  There’s still more stuff in the old house than in the new, so it would be easier to just go back, right?  But I don’t know why I entertain such thoughts since that’s not even a remote possibility.  Nor would I truly want that.  Theres so much more room in the new house that I know it will eventually be worth all this work.  But the moving process is dragging on and on and on and on …

The problem is that we spent most of Greg’s week off work and the time our company was here working on painting and things in the new house.  So now, we are having to actually move our stuff just whenever we can find time -- in the evenings for Greg and for me, in between running here and there during the afternoon.  And its not like we have every evening free either.  If only life would just pause so we could get this finished up, but I know well eventually get it done.  I just hope its soon!

Right now we are working hard to clear everything out of the old house so that Tricia can start getting set up for her daycare to be up and running on August 1st.  In case I haven’t mentioned it, our neighbor and good friend across the street is going to rent our house to expand her home daycare.  She is so excited about this that she has been packing up my house for me!  I daresay she has done more of the work than I have so far.  Or at least as much.  Plus, we’ve been using her husband’s truck regularly for our trips back and forth.  I don’t know how we’ll ever repay them.  They are good friends.



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I wish I could come down and help you move! It's so much work, but it will be worth it! Just think about having all that R O O M!!!