Thursday, July 24, 2008

Status Check

Well, I am happy to say that our old house is very close to empty, FINALLY!! Did I say that in my last post? Well, we are really there now. There is one more truck load sitting in the living room waiting to go over, but its all boxed up and ready. Theres also one, maybe two, truck loads waiting in the garage, but they are out of the way and can sit there a little longer if necessary. Inside the house, Ill just need to gather up a few loose ends, and then vacuum the floor and bring in the toys scattered in the backyard we almost forgot about. (Oh, and have we emptied the shed??) After that, I officially hand the reins over to Tricia to get done whatever she wants in order to prepare the house for her daycare. This Saturday shes having a working pizza party where shes invited friends and family to help clean and paint the house. I am not sure I was invited (because she figured Id need to be unpacking now), but I invited myself and definitely plan on being there. She was absolutely instrumental in helping us get everything packed, and I figure the best way to repay her is to return the favor.

There is a town-wide garage sale next weekend (Aug 2nd) that we plan to participate in. I know we have a lot to put out, but Im not sure how much of it Im going to be able to find. We may end up having another sale of our own in September. I need to spend a good part of next week focusing on it, though. We are going to set things up at the old house in the empty garage (it will be empty by then) and pair up with Tricias family, which we do every year anyway. They even buy sodas and water to put in an ice chest and sell. That idea usually goes over well in the August heat.

The kids and I will be leaving on Friday for my side of the familys annual weekend in Hot Springs, AR. Greg actually volunteered to stay home and do my paper route and handle our part of the garage sale. While he will miss seeing family, I think he will get more relaxation out of being able to work on unpacking and his other projects uninterrupted and on his own schedule, than he would traveling 8 hours one way for a mini-vacation. The work waiting at home would weigh on his mind and stress him out to where he wouldnt enjoy himself in Hot Springs. Me, on the other hand, I am the queen of procrastination. It wont bother my conscience one iota to take this break and spend a weekend away doing nothing!

My brother Andy is currently home in Kansas from Iraq for his 2-week R & R. He was supposed to go back on the 26th, but is expecting to get another 2-week extension. Due to some family issues he is dealing with right now, he has requested that he be allowed to stay home permanently and not finish his year in Iraq, but I dont know that he is going to be granted that wish. In which case, Samantha and Pejo might be coming back to our house to stay for a while again. We are looking forward to having them, if it works out that way. Especially now that we are in the new house and have considerably more room!

Well, this is what we have going on right now. With a little work and other activities tossed into the midst. School starts back in three weeks on August 13th. The s are both very excited about going back, which is good. They have really been playing well together this summer and using their imaginations to come up with new games. Im always happy to see that. Theres been plenty of fighting, too, but wed be worried if there wasnt. Greyson has grown up so much, it almost makes me sad. Hes definitely a little boy now. I keep asking him to stay my baby, but he says, No, I cant be a baby. Im Greyson!

Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thanks for the great update! It's always fun to read about your family, and you do a good job summarizing everything! I'm praying for Andy and the kids - keep me posted.

Ashlee Brewer said...

I'm so glad you have a place to write these kid quotes down. That last line from Greyson was great. Good to hear that the worst of the load has been moved. It will only get better now!

I'll miss you guys this weekend. I'll be chasing a large bridal party around KC all day Saturday.

Ash