Saturday, May 24, 2008

Child #1

I thought it would be fun to write a little about each of my kids, so here's my first entry:




Susannah Grace is the oldest of our three kiddos. Born December 7, 2000, she is almost 7 ½ years old. She seems to fit the descriptions you find in birth order books to a large degree. She's definitely a pleaser. She wants everyone to be happy and she tries hard to make that happen. She's also pretty sensitive, however, and gets her feelings hurt occasionally. I don't think I would say she wears her heart on her sleeve, but she does take things personally sometimes. She is also a worrier, but that's probably a learned behavior she got from her daddy. J

Susannah really does well in school and enjoys it, too. I can't believe she will be in 2nd grade next year! Her teacher says she is a leader in the classroom. She is the most reserved of our three children, so I am relieved to know that at least so far she doesn't seem to be as shy as I always was.

Her interests include soccer and gymnastics. She talks a lot about cheerleading, so maybe that is in her future as well. I was almost surprised when she came home recently and said she had signed up to enter the school talent show! There was nothing that could have made me do that when I was her age, but she was excited. This was another encouraging moment assuring me that she will fare well socially in the world. She decided to perform with her skipper, and was very happy the morning after the tryouts to see that she made the list. The talent show was this past week and she did wonderfully. We were very proud!

No comments: