Saturday, May 24, 2008

Child #3



And now for #3. Greyson Jay was a little bit of a surprise. I wanted a third baby, we'd always talked about having three kids. But Greg was thinking of backing out on me. I was trying to change his mind but had been unsuccessful so far when I found out I was pregnant! (Greg was happy once it happened, of course.) I so expected this one to be another girl, too. What a shock when we found out it was a boy! At 17 weeks, the doctor said it was early but if he were to guess, he'd say boy. Well, I thought about that and then decided, "Nah, it's a girl." Then we had the big ultrasound at the hospital, and because of his position, I guess, the technician couldn't see much of anything she was looking for -- not the heart, the lungs, nothing. She said we'd probably have to reschedule, but by the way, she was pretty sure it was a boy. Well, I really scoffed at that. I mean, she hadn't been able to see anything else! By our next appointment, however, I had begun to think maybe it could be slightly possible, but I was still unconvinced. But not for long. That ultrasound left no mistake. And so it was, we got ourselves a boy on April 21, 2005.

And quite the boy he is! Greyson is one busy guy, but for all his running around, he has an amazing attention span. He loves to write and draw. His magnadoodle is his favorite toy, although he calls it his markerboard. His other passion is Blue's Clues. He's been into that for an entire year now, and it is a very educational show! The other day Greyson asked me to hand him something, which he called by name but I just couldn't understand what he was saying. Finally I realized he was wanting an empty toilet paper roll that was sitting on the counter, but he was calling it a telescope! A little later, we were watching a Blue's Clues episode, and sure enough, they were using a telescope. I should have known! :)

Greyson also loves music and dancing. After church every Sunday, he heads up to the front of the auditorium to find the cordless microphone they always leave laying on the front pew. And then he's up on the "stage" performing. I need to remember to stick the camera in the bag one of these days.

Greyson is good at his job as the little brother. He picks on Makaley constantly, it seems. They have a good relationship, but he does enjoy making her scream. He and Susannah don't bicker too much, as she tends to mother him quite a bit. But Susannah and Makaley now, they argue. In fact, if the last 3 days are any indication of what's in store, this is going to be a LONNNNGGG summer. :)

No comments: