Friday, September 12, 2008

Mouse #2

Well, Cuddles captured his second mouse this morning. I can only hope he's finding these things in the garage and not in the house. I haven't seen any current evidence of mice like droppings or anything. But, Greg did install the cat door on the door between the garage and the house so it's likely he's finding them out there and bringing them in. This one was rather small, about the size of our last pet mouse, Comet. It was already dead when I saw Cuddles flopping it around in the hallway, at least. (For my sake, that was good. I didn't feel the need to run and hide that way.) It was 2:30 am and I was heading out to do my paper route at the time and couldn't coax the kitty out the front door. Greg was too asleep to get up and handle it so I figured we'd deal with it in the morning. Well, I forgot all about it while doing my route. Sammy found it, though! She was the first one in the bathroom and she walked in and right back out in a hurry. :) She was a good sport, though, and got a laugh out of it. Then we all gathered in the hall to watch Greg carry it out by the tail. What an exciting life, huh?

No comments: