Friday, September 5, 2008

Rise and Shine!

Okay, now this is just gross! I'm sitting here at the computer in the dark because no one else is up yet, and I hear Cuddles (one of our kitties) growling. This is unusual for him, but I think that maybe he and Britt (our older cat) are having a stand-off. It continues so finally I get up to investigate. He is in our bedroom with me but I see that he is the only cat in here. Wierd. I walk over to turn on the hall light and upon doing so, I suddenly notice that he has a dark shadowy form in his mouth. Oh my! Sure enough, it is a mouse! I inform Greg of the situation and then head for the living room in search of something high to perch myself on. Cuddles is on the prowl, too, wandering with this wiggling thing in his mouth. Greg manages to pick Cuddles up, still carrying the mouse, and I open the front door so he can deposit them both onto the front porch. Patchy is all out of sorts now, too. She knows something is up and paces the house meowing constantly. Cuddles wants back in and we see that he has succeeded in killing his catch and has left it as a gift on the front doorstep. How sweet! Now we let Patches out to satisfy her curiosity. I've got the heebie jeebies, but nothing like an exciting story to get the girls out of bed for school! They can't wait to see the mouse for themselves!

No comments: