Saturday, August 15, 2009

Saturday, August 15, 2009

It's Saturday!! I'm working at the soccer office today registering people for the fall season. It's pretty slow, but the deadline was actually last Saturday so I didn't expect much of a rush. It's rather nice to sit here without much going on. I can do whatever I want for 5 hours without the guilt of thinking I really should be doing something else. :)



School began here this past week. Susannah and Makaley started 3rd & 1st grades. They are both really excited and loving it so far. I am hearing great things about their teachers, too, which makes me especially happy as they were both very attached to their teachers from last year and unusually sad to move on.



The 3rd grade classes are doing something new this year. They will be having different teachers for some subjects like the older grades do, but the teachers will be rotating rooms, rather than the kids. So Susannah has her main teacher, plus three others for three other subjects. Pretty cool, I think!



Greyson, our baby, started all-day Pre-K on Thursday. Since I didn't get him potty trained till earlier this year, he didn't get to go through the base's three-year old preschool program like the girls did. He has gone to home daycares the three mornings I work each week and Bible classes his whole life, but he's never really experienced the school atmosphere so I wasn't totally sure how he'd do or what he'd think. Well, I do believe he's loving it! He comes home pretty tired but all smiles and anxious to go back. There was at least one mom standing outside their class Thursday morning wiping away tears, but I was dry-eyed this time. I was more excited for him than sad for me. The third child spends so much time watching older siblings do stuff and not getting to participate, you know?



Starting Monday, they'll all three ride the bus to school. Now that, I'm a little nervous about. Greyson seems so much younger and not so independent. I don't think I'd send him on the bus without his big sisters. Even Makaley, I'd hesitate to send without Susannah. But together they'll do fine. And since they leave at 7:40 and I don't have to be at work till 8:45, I'll never be late again!! :) Not that they have made me late to work ... I will probably still be rushing madly to have them ready in time, but when they leave, I will already be up to take advantage of the full hour getting myself ready. Wow! And not only that, but on Mondays and Fridays I don't work. What will it be like to have an entire day to do stuff? I am going to have to work HARD to stay disciplined and make good use of that time. There are so many hidden object computer games I want to play. And books to read. And shopping to do. And sleep to catch up on ... :)



My birthday is this Wednesday. I had sort of forgotten it was so close till an early card arrived from my father-in-law yesterday. I will be 35. I don't feel too bad about that, but I like the sound of 34 better. I enjoyed saying I was 29 more so than 30, too. Kind of like the price of $4.99 sounds so much better than a whole $5! :) We'll see next year how I feel about 36, though ...



I hear that my family is heading to the base swimming pool. Believe it or not, I have taken the kids swimming several times in the last few weeks. That's not my favorite thing to do, but they love it. And I have enjoyed it too, for the most part. We bought season passes when they went on half-price in July. I figured up if we all five went four times, we'd have our money's worth. I think today will be the sixth time for the kids and me (if I meet them there later) and the first for Greg, so I think we succeeded!



Tomorrow we are going to lunch at El Chico with some good friends from church. I am looking forward to the good company, of course, but my mouth is also already watering for the chips and queso they serve! I ate breakfast today but skipped lunch; can you tell??



Well, time to end my ramblings for today. Happy Saturday, Everyone!

No comments: