Saturday, August 15, 2009

Wow, two posts in one day? From me, could it be? :) Well, I was reading over my last few entries and thought I'd follow up on a few of the things I mentioned in them.

Makaley had her first loose tooth at one writing. Well, it did indeed come out, as did the one next to it. So she has two front, bottom permanent teeth now. I don't think she's lost anymore since then. Susannah lost two within just a couple of days, if I remember correctly, around the time I said she had three or four loose. And just recently, about a week apart, she lost two more. And those two, Makaley pulled out! The tooth fairy was duly impressed, I guess, and left Makaley 50 cents each time for her efforts. :)

We haven't started piano lessons yet. I was going to sign them up with Mr. Dooley (the elementary music teacher), but he left Waukomis Elementary to pursue a career in law. Interestly, the girls told me last night that the new music teacher is Mr. Dooley's uncle! Such is life in a small town, I guess. :) I don't know if he teaches lessons, but I did get the name of someone in Enid that I may contact before too long. I may even sign Greyson up, too. He really loves music. He seems to have a special interest and knack for playing drums, though. Aren't we lucky?!

We took swimming lessons this summer. The girls did, I should say. Makaley took a 2-week class on base and loved it! She got to swim every morning for ten days. Susannah insisted on private lessons (four 1-hour sessions), but that turned out to be a great thing. She learned a TON and basked in the one-on-one attention from her teacher. I was happy that they had so much fun.

Oh, and Greyson is still being wild. Although it has gotten some better -- or else I've just adjusted to the change. :)

Life is good. I hope you can all say the same!

~Jennifer

No comments: